Friday, December 28, 2012

a-england Saint George Skittlette

Pin It


Well, here it is, my last Nail Files of 2012! Last Sunday, with nails chipping, I decided to do a quick, easy manicure, no stamping. And, since my skittlette mani a couple weeks ago, I've been excited to try another. This is what I came up with.



This manicure was actually inspired by Emma's entry in the ChitChatNails Skittlette contest, specifically the puzzle piece pinkies. Thumbs, index, and middle fingers all have two coats of a-england Saint George. I fell madly in love with Saint George. It has an almost magical holographic shimmer that flashes, copper, gold, green, and baby blue. It applied so smoothly too!


My ring fingers were painted with two coats of Julep Stefani. I used Stefani as a stamping polish earlier this year and it worked great, but this was the first time that I saw this gunmetal beauty in all her glory. There is just the tiniest bit of gold shimmer in the polish.

The pinkie was painted with Julep Amy, which is probably my favorite blue creme polish. The polish is a little thick, but it always applies smooth and even. As an added perk, it is unbelievably gorgeous and satiny even without a topcoat.


Accenting:  On the ring fingers, I used my biggest dotting tool and Saint George. The holographic polish popped against the cold metal of Stefani. Then, on my pinkies, I added a freehand diagonal line across my nail and painted Stefani up to the the tip with a nail art brush. I then used the dotting tool, Stefani, and Amy to make the curves of the puzzle pieces. It is a really simple nail art trick that I had never done before.


Finally, the closeup. What is your favorite nail art technique or tool? I hope that you enjoyed this last Nail Files manicure of 2012. Have a wonderful weekend!

~Alexis