Monday, September 23, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Inspired by a Movie

Pin It

The first time that I saw North by Northwest was a Friday night on PBS. I was getting ready to go out to a couple of bars, but I was swept up. No evening of bar hopping could be as good as this movie is. I have never regretted that choice.




Who would have guessed that a movie about a man who stood up to make a phone call at just the wrong time would be spectacular? Well, if you knew that the movie starred Cary Grant, you would probably have guessed that it would be fabulous. The action, adventure, and Cary Grant's comedic timing are flawless. He also makes one of the cheesiest come on lines I have ever heard, one that would only be successful when uttered by him.

On my nails today, I pay homage to the film North by Northwest, mimicking the image from the title sequence. This is two coats of Cult Nails Riot. I stamped my accent nails with China Glaze Man Hunt (which only makes sense considering the theme of the movie). I then stamped the arrow pattern from my Gals Fairy stamping plates using Zoya Purity.


I really like this manicure. In real life, the nail color is a bit closer to the green of the movie's title sequence, more vivid than it looks in the pictures. I want to do another Cary Grant film inspired manicure, Charade nails. Maybe after the challenge is over, I'll take a stab at it.


Check out the other movie inspired manicures.
~Alexis