Sunday, September 22, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Inspired by a Song

Pin It


Blackbird singing in the dead of night,
Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
All your life,
You were only waiting for this moment to arrive.

My wonderful husband encouraged me to do this manicure. I wanted a song I love, but also one that wouldn't just be obscurely connected to the manicure. The Beatles are not a hard sell for me.



I saw a gorgeous manicure tutorial by the very talented Robin Moses recently and just jumped in feet first. This is the first acrylic painted nail art I am happy with. I've tried it a couple of times before with little success.



I started off with a modified gradient. I painted a streak of Julep Gunta about a quatterof the way from my nail tip, then painted the remainder of the tip with Cult Nails Nakizzle's Shizzle and the used a makeup sponge to blend the colors. I repeated this on each nail and added two coats of INM Northern Lights for a shimmery, holographic finish. I think this may be my new method of creating gradients. It seemed quicker than my usual method.



I followed the video tutorial pretty much exactly as described to create the tree branches but I used a dotting tool to create the berries and birds. I'm happy that even my right hand looked pretty good.



What songs do you love? See if any of the other manicures below are inspired by songs you love.

~Alexis