Thursday, October 24, 2013

Facilier inspired Disney manicure

Pin It

Let's face it, Doctor Facilier does not have many redeeming qualities, however he does wear a fabulous purple outfit in Disney's The Frog Princess. The different shades of purple, the top hat with the prominent purple feather, and his perfectly maintained moustache make his combo wonderful. However Doctor Facilier is only on the hunt for power. He wants to rule New Orleans and look fabulous doing it. Unlike Demona or Malificent, Facilier does not have any defensible reason for his evil doings

I think of the Disney inspired manicures I have done so far, this one has to be my favorite. I started off with two coats of China Glaze Prey Tell and then painted a two coat vertical streak of Zoya Aurora on to the middle of each nail. I added one coat of fast drying topcoat to the whole manicure. Then I added these fantastic water decals from bornprettystore to my ring fingers. They are such a cute little feathers. I finished everything off with one final coat of fast drying top coat. A couple of days into this manicure,  I realized that it would look better if the feathers were matte finish.  I carefully applied essie matte about you to just the feather sections of the nails.
I was so sad to have to remove this polish. It held up wonderfully and still looked shiny and beautiful to the end. Despite not caring for the character who inspired this manicure, I am so happy with the results.


What do you think? Would you be able to mount a reasonable defence for Facilier's behaviors?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
~Alexis