Monday, December 21, 2015

Outlander inspired

Pin It

I have to post a three more book inspired manicures for the year. I have some ideas, but the time to do them, not sure. This is a mani inspired by Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon, which I read for the reading challenge prompt, "a book a friend recommended." The manicure looked a lot better in my head than it came out, but I wanted to share it with you nonetheless. 



Outlander is not the best book ever, quite brutal at times, feeling very silly at others, but an entertaining story. I listened to the audio book narrated by Davina Porter and enjoyed her performance. I enjoyed the book enough that I will listen to or read sequels.


I tried to capture the cleft in the rock, the idea of of swirling through time, and a tartan pattern (which did not come out beautifully) in this manicure.


About the Manicure:  3 coats Ever After Witchin  stamped with BM-610 m60 and the rocky appearance of China Glaze Stone Cold