Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Touchstone Inspired

Pin It

I read The Touchstone, by Edith Wharton earlier this year for the challenge, "A popular author's first novel." It was technically her first novella. The House of Mirth is one of my all-time favorite books, so I was happy to hear another of Edith Wharton's stories.




One decision can mold a man into a completely different person. This novella is all about how his inner turmoil shapes him, maddens him, and how he realizes that he is changed by a decision that he never imagined would impact him so strongly. In the The Touchstone, Edith Wharton beautifully illustrates the conflict Glennard faces in trying to forgive himself.

After selling the letters of a now deceased former lover so that he could afford to marry, Stephen Glennard experiences an unexpected crisis of conscience.


Sorry about the tip wear on my nails. I forgot to take photos right away, so my nails look a little beat.

About the manicure: 2 coats Zoya Rue stamped with a base of BM-620 and topped with several images from Moyou Scholar 02.